Sunday 20 September 2009

Buy Nothing Day




This brief was set to see how we could create alternative identities in the form of a poster to create awearnes of a day of the year called 'Buy Nothing Day', which is a day that was created to try and show the world that you can go a full 24 hours without purchasing a single item from shops.I began the project by researching certain graphic designers that use text in innovative and creative ways, such as 'Steffan Sagmeister' and 'Why Not Associates' to see if i could find a direction to go with this project. This process i feel really helped me and gave me a direction for the final poster design.
In the end i decided to go with a simple design which consisted of a child like drawing of a tree and the sun. I decided to do this as i think the concept of the buy nothing day is very simple in that you dont have to do anything to be part of it, so i thought the poster should reflect this. As you can see i used Sagmeister as my main influence for my text by copying his scruffy font which is sometimes not easy to read like a child writing. I feel this fits in well with the simple background.

No comments:

Post a Comment